Weather is nice, the wind is up, and our members are out on the water! After significant delays and many additional safety precautions, our club is open for members and their families to enjoy. Currently there are a number of restrictions from the normal sailing season:
- Clubhouse is locked and off limits, contact a member of the board if you need access to the clubhouse.
- Those who wish to sail will need to bring their own life jackets.
- Gov’t mandated physical distancing and group size limitations must be followed at all times.
- Boats and other frequently-contacted areas must be sanitized before use.
- If you are sick and/or are close to someone who is sick, you must stay home.
- Training will not take place this year, but sailing checkouts will. If you need to be checked out to get your tags, please contact the training director to setup an appointment.
The club has put forth a Covid-19 Code of Conduct which all members must follow. Please adhere to this, your health and the health of our members depends on it!
Otherwise things are moving along nicely. There are a few minor issues, like the clubhouse is closed so we need to figure out where to dry sails, but we’re working through them one-by-one. If you have any suggestions/comments, please do get in touch with us, we would love to hear from you!
Keep your sheets to the wind,
– KSC Board of Directors