At the Kanata Sailing Club, we make it easy for the entire family to learn how to sail at the same time by running some of our Adult and Junior Learn-to-Sail Programs at the same time.
While mom and dad (and older siblings) receive their instruction in the “grown up boats”, the younger kids will be learning in smaller boats in a course designed for students in their age group.
Both our adult and junior programs use only Sail Canada certified instructors and both programs teach to the Sail Canada CanSail Level 1 and 2 standard.
PLUS: If a parent is enrolled in the Adult LTS program, their child(ren) in Junior LTS will also receive a free one-year KSC membership. This means that both adult and (supervised) junior trainees can use the club’s fleet of dinghies any time they want following completion of the course at no additional cost.
If both parents enroll in the Adult program, a free family membership is included, so the family that has learned to sail together can keep sailing together for the rest of the summer.
Follow the links below for more information:
- Adult and older teens Learn-to-Sail programs
- Junior Learn-to-Sail programs
- Sail Canada CanSail standard
We have three different times over the summer when the Adult and Junior programs run concurrently, so it’s easy to find a program which fits your schedule:
|Course Dates||Training Days||Course Codes|
|July 4 – July 9||Tuesday through Sunday (all day)||LTS 3 and JLTS 1|
|July 17 – July 22||Monday through Saturday (all day)||LTS 5 and JLTS 2|
|August 8 – August 13||Tuesday through Sunday (all day)||LTS 6 and JLTS 3|
“We regret that Junior LTS 1, 2, and 3 are now full.”
|All-day classes||9:00 AM – 4:00 PM|
|First adult registration||$550 + HST||includes one-year KSC membership|
|Each additional adult/youth||$450 + HST||includes one-year KSC membership|
|Each junior registration||$110 + HST||includes one-year KSC membership|
Registration discounts apply to members of the same immediate family. If you have a special situation that you would like considered for the discount, please contact the Training Director at email@example.com.
The Small Print
- Students must provide their own PFDs to participate in the program. Students must wear footwear when sailing (no flip flops or crocs).
- Written training materials produced by Sail Canada are recommended but not required. These are available at a cost of $21 plus HST. One copy may be shared among students in the same family or group.
- Cancellation policy: You may cancel and receive a full refund at any time up to the start of the second class of your program. We regret we cannot offer refunds after that time except in the case of family emergency or serious personal illness or injury in which case refunds will be pro-rated and subject to a $50 cancellation fee.
- KSC has policies relating to the use of club boats by persons under the age of 18 years without adult supervision. There are no restrictions on minors using KSC boats when accompanied by adults in the boat.
Questions? Contact our Training Director at firstname.lastname@example.org