Never sailed before and want to try it? Maybe you sailed years ago and want to get back into the sport? Or did you recently buy a cottage and it came with a sailboat sitting upside down on the dock?
If so, then you will want to enroll in one of our Adult Learn to Sail Programs this season! Our Sail Canada certified instructors will teach you all you need to know to be able to handle a dinghy on your own in light to medium strength winds using KSC’s fleet of easy-to-sail training boats.
Providing over 35 hours of instruction, you’ll get more training than at any other similar program offered in the Ottawa area.
PLUS: the enrollment fee includes 50% off single or family membership at KSC, which will let you use the club’s fleet of dinghies any time you want following the completion of the program! You can find the separate membership fees here.
This program teaches to the Sail Canada CanSail Level 1 and 2 standard. For more information on what you’ll learn, click here.
|Course Code||Dates||Training Days||Status|
|LTS 1||May 17 - June 24||Wednesday Evenings and Saturday Mornings||Registration coming soon !|
|LTS 2||June 11-June 23||Sunday ( all day)|
Monday, Thursday, Friday (evening)
|Registration coming soon !|
|LTS 3||June 26 - June 30||Monday through Friday(all day)||Registration coming soon !|
|LTS 4||July 17 - July 21||Monday through Friday(all day)||Registration coming soon !|
|LTS 1 Spring Classes||Wednesday 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Saturday 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM
|LTS 2 Classes||Sunday 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Tue, Thurs, Fri 5:30PM - 9:00PM
|LTS 3 & 4 All-day classes||9:00 AM – 4:30 PM|
|Single Training Registration||$668 + HST||Includes 50% off KSC membership|
|Each Additional Registration (same immediate family)||$543 + HST||Includes 50% off KSC membership|
It is very difficult to reschedule or fill vacancies as the class start date approaches, particularly if people need to plan a whole week off of work. For that reason the LTS program has the following fees for cancellation:
- Greater than 3 weeks prior to start of classes: $50 fee
- Less than 3 weeks but before start of classes: $200 fee
- After start of classes: no refund possible
The Small Print
- Students must provide their own PFDs to participate in the program
- Students must wear footwear when sailing (no flip flops or crocs)
- A sport helmet (bicycle, hockey, ski) is recommended although not required
- A water sport wet suit is highly recommended for those enrolling in the spring session
- Written training materials produced by Sail Canada are recommended but not required. These are available at a cost of $25 plus HST. One copy may be shared among students in the same family or group.
- KSC has policies relating to the use of club boats by persons under the age of 18 years without adult supervision. There are no restrictions on minors using KSC boats when accompanied by adults in the boat.
Questions? Contact our Training Director at email@example.com